Renaissance Revival Reveler

This is an up-beat blog that rejoices in the creativity God gifts us to lift our neighbor and glorify Him. Travels, home decor, gardening, the pallet for many interests.

Monday, November 02, 2009

Back in the Saddle


It has been too long. I realized last Saturday, how much I have missed riding. My friend Jennifer and I went to a retreat Friday night, and Saturday I headed off 50 miles in the opposite direction of home to go riding with her in sunlit pastures.
The owner of the stables also joined us. I rode Jennifer's Joe: a 16.3 hands gentle thoroughbred retiree from the track. Although he was not a Tennessee Walker, he had the color, height and breadth of Ledge, the Walker that whisked me into horse happiness. To me, Joe was just like Ledge -a skyscraper with four legs. Just the therapy I needed to get back riding again. Sunday late afternoon, I went to see my own Lida, armed with tack box, wormer grooming gear, and three Delicious apples. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I hope to ride her - even if only for 20 or 30 minutes. She will be twenty three in a couple of weeks, but when I ride her, I'm seven years old. Nothing like a good horse to keep you young! Nothing like a good friend to remind you of what you truly love. Thanks Jennifer!Yesterday was the first time my young friend successfully recorded the entire worship service.In the future, I hope to fathom how to edit and publish a video clip from the service. To read this Sunday's sermon, the second in the series The Afterlife entitled "For All the Saints". click on the angels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

Looks like you guys had loads of fun!!! Glad you had the chance to ride again.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home