Renaissance Revival Reveler

This is an up-beat blog that rejoices in the creativity God gifts us to lift our neighbor and glorify Him. Travels, home decor, gardening, the pallet for many interests.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Upstairs, Downstairs

Ok, this is the 12th of October (Happy Columbus Day), and the second time it has snowed in three days! I expect snow in North Dakota in October, maybe even in September, but not in Iowa before Thanksgiving! In 1991 we had a blizzard on Halloween. That was surreal! Even the jack-o-lanterns shuddered! But today was a good day for the transmutation of summer clothes to winter clothes. Our elevator is not working at the moment, so John helped me by hauling five tubs of woolies up the stairway, and five tubs of light weights back down! I am so indebted to that man. Without his help, I would be hauling clothes up until June, and then I's have to haul them back down again.
I love changing over the seasonal wardrobe. It's a little like a shopping spree with no finance charges. I try on things, sort, and hang my new "old finds". When I get done with the slacks, skirts, blouses, sweaters, suits, and dresses, I move on to the shoes. Not so many for winter. I pack my favorite barbie doll heels, the stroppy little sling back numbers, the formal, informal, and sloppy sandals, all the cool stuff, and barely fill my vacant shoe rack with the pilgrim stoppers, thick heeled sensible pumps, and my navy blue quilted velor flats. Not much exciting there. Then there is always the hunt for the runaway left shoe, mates to orphaned gloves and lonely single socks. Finally it comes down to the purses. What I lack in winter shoes, I make up in winter handbags: red, turquoise, purple, dark brown western, light gold western, black, brown and all with multi pockets. No wonder I never know where to look for my keys! All in all, though, it was a good day. Cleaned out three of my four dresser drawers. They don't bow anymore! Well, at least all but one. And my closet looks like it was imported from California, all neat and organized - for now. I organized my slacks from the nearly fitting on the top, to the "when I loose 30 lbs" size on the bottom of the pile. I figure I have all winter to weigh my way and work my way down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home