Renaissance Revival Reveler

This is an up-beat blog that rejoices in the creativity God gifts us to lift our neighbor and glorify Him. Travels, home decor, gardening, the pallet for many interests.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

King Solomon's Mind: The Folly of Solomon

Years ago (let's not count them), John gave me a book for my birthday. It had a quirky blade of grass cartoon character on the cover. The title was "Make Friends with Your Lawn". I read the book, but my yard didn't. Maybe I should have found the sequel, "Make friends with your landowner!" I was reminded of it this morning because I had to make friends with my checkbook.It was a bit of a balancing act, but by mid afternoon I was on my way to visit a dear woman in the hospital. Frail and at risk for surgery, being with her put my yard and checkbook in perspective. Back on the highway I headed for my church in Early to meet with two friends to simply sing and worship. All three of us had burdens to lay down first before we could raise our voices in song. It was wonderfully uplifting and deeply moving. Three of my four prospective confirmands and their parents met for dinner and orientation. I have a class of four boys. I'm looking forward to our first class next week. Hit the road again for my other church and preparation of the bulletin for worship service for this Sunday. E-mailed the finished product to my two secretaries. Checked my e-mail, and facebook messages. That brings me here. A long, full, and productive day brought to a restful close by a random blog. Last Sunday was the last sermon on Solomon...at least for a while. If you would like to see how the story ends, click on the crown. Solomon had it all,and was the be all and end all of his time. But he blew it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home